This rich and smoky pizza is cooked to perfection…on the grill! The recipe calls for a medley of veggies—like zucchini, summer squash and yellow peppers—mixed with creamy reduced-fat mushroom Alfredo sauce and smoked mozzarella.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 31 minutes
1 tube (10 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
1 lb whole portobello mushrooms, stems removed
1 each red and yellow pepper, quartered and cored
1 each (about 6 oz each) medium zucchini and yellow summer squash, cut lengthwise in 1⁄2-in.-thick slices
3⁄4 tsp salt
1 cup reduced-fat mushroom Alfredo sauce
5 oz smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded (11⁄4 cups)
1. Heat barbecue grill. Lightly dust 2 baking sheets with flour.
2. On a lightly floured surface, press dough into a 15 x 11-in. rectangle. Cut in quarters; place 2 on each baking sheet.
3. Lightly coat veggies with nonstick spray; sprinkle with salt.
4. Grill vegetables, turning once: mushrooms and peppers 10 to 12 minutes (mushrooms should be tender and peppers charred), squashes 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Cut mushrooms and peppers in slices, squashes in half crosswise.
5. Grill 2 pieces pizza dough at a time, 1 minute or until undersides are browned. Using tongs, turn dough over and grill 30 seconds or until undersides stiffen. Return to baking sheets; repeat with remaining dough. Spread crusts with sauce. Top with vegetables and cheese.
6. Grill 2 pizzas at a time, covered, 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts, making sure undersides of pizzas don’t burn.
Take ingredients to the grill along with a cutting board and knife.
Happy Eating lovelies!!!!