Tuesday, December 15, 2009

LEMONADE…LEMONADE…THAT HEATED WEIGHT LOSS DRINK…YEAH!!!!



It started yesterday. You know what I am speaking of. The winds of change -  the fork in the road...the epiphany. I have been spiraling for the better portion of a month. As stated in an earlier blog, I had been consuming most anything I got my hands on, taking or having no regard for the end result, I ate as fast as my little (but stretching stomach) would allow. The epiphany occurred while at another school I found myself in the nurse’s office and came face to face with a scale.

 You know being theatrical as I am, looking at that scale, wind bushes were blowing by as we faced off on either side of the room. I could hear the low rhythm of the western background music as me and the scale placed our hands on the trigger of our proverbial weapons. Suddenly, we drew. I was hit, and falling fast. My weight had sky rocketed.



“Don’t go by that scale, it’s off by 18 pounds or so…who knows.” said the nurse before I burned my fleshy thighs in effigy in my mind’s eye. It was the epiphany I needed to turn things around; stop the downward spiral. To REVERSE the damage done by the depression I sank into, I am doing the Lemonade diet for the weekend. While I do understand that I require help with this, I have decided that I have got to help myself. So here is my plan:







• Get a new doctor. My weight loss practitioner is fine, but I need a general practitioner for all the things that the weight loss doctor doesn’t cover. I am interested in Metaformin or Glucophage to bring down my insulin resistance and assist in my weight loss.



• Surf the web for support groups. Weight Support; PCOS Support; and research and try out recipes to support my journey.



• Real World Assistance – Getting together a group of people that have the same goals (preferably people I do not know).  Gotta start somewhere, right?  Wish me luck!!!







TODAY’S RECIPE
TACO SALAD




Ingredients



• 2 ripe tomatoes, diced



• 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar, diced



• 1 large onion, diced



• 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed, drained and shredded



• 1 pound lean ground beef, browned, crumbled and drained



• 1 cup salad dressing (recommended: Catalina)



• 1 (7-ounce) bag taco flavored chips, crushed



• 1 cup salsa



• Tortilla chips, to serve



Directions



Combine the tomatoes, cheese, onion, lettuce, and ground beef in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and mix well. Just before serving, add the taco chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients. Top each serving with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.







* PLEASE NOTE: The lemonade diet was attempted, but unsuccessful. I managed to forego 13 hours before I ate something. On the good hand, I think the “cleansing” portion worked!




No comments:

Post a Comment