Friday, March 12, 2010

On the Road Again...

Things are on an up swing.  I am now down to 272 pounds!  I went to doctor Stacy's today, saw her dad Stanley and I lost the 10 pounds I gained.  My cooking has changed, my life has changed.  I will be working in a new office come Monday and an enormous portion of my "stressful eating" has fallen to the wayside.  Strangely, my favorite pastime had become more of a chore than a joy.  So I have taken to doing other things like writing...creating.    Sometimes the things you don't want to face are the things you need to.  I did not realize just how stressful my job had become; I did not realize that it had gotten to the point of making me physically sick.  In short, I didn't wanna be there any more. 
So here begins my long journey in my journey to becoming 175 lbs.  Lord, give me strength,


TODAY'S RECIPE
Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar

 
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

3/4 lb small mushrooms, quartered

2 Tbsp flour

salt and pepper

3 Tbsp olive oil

6 garlic cloves, peeled

3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

3/4 cup chicken broth

1 bay leaf

1/4 tsp thyme

1 Tbsp butter



Season the flour with salt and pepper and dredge the chicken breast halves in it. Shake off excess flour. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and cook the chicken over moderately high heat until nicely browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic cloves. Turn the chicken pieces over and scatter the mushrooms over all. Continue cooking, shaking the skillet and redistributing the mushrooms so they cook evenly. Cook about 3 minutes. Add the Balsamic vinegar and broth, the bay leaf and thyme. Cover closely and cook over moderately high heat about 10 minutes. Turn the pieces occasionally as they cook. Transfer the chicken to a warm platter and cover with foil. Let the sauce cook, uncovered, over moderately high heat about 7 minutes. Swirl in the butter. Remove the bay leaf. Pour the sauce and mushrooms over the chicken and serve. Yield: 4 servings.

IT'S LOW GLYCEMIC...ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment