Saturday, October 17, 2009

HI...My Name is Renee...it has been 20 minutes Since My Last Shrimp Roll...

Addiction is a mo' fo.I swear today I feel like Pookie in the crack house.  Y'all remember New Jack City when Pookie talked about his addiction? 

"It be callin' me man!  It be callin' me and I gotta go to it man.  I need some help man, help me." 
The irony is that I literally live right across the street from "The Carter," the fabled building in the movie.  (It's really called Graham Court.)  I felt bad for Pookie because the truth was he didn't wanna be a crackhead...that was just the long and short of it.  An addiction will have you doing just about anything to get it.  Food is no different.  "Anybody wanna buy a turkey?"

Man that turkey looked good!  I was doing SO well last night and this morning, but by the time I hit early afternoon; I was crashing.  You know when every food commercial in the world comes on. 
I had eaten ALL SIX of them damn cookies and I was feeling darn right carnivorous.  I lasted till 6:38pm on 6 cookies, a spring roll and water.
Without knowing quite how, I was inside of White Castle ordering 5 cheese burgers and a small order of clam strips.  Just my luck, the little ninny behind the counter rather upset over something keyed in the wrong items.  I walked out with fries instead of strips.  I HATE their fries.

Now I am back in the house.  I am suppose to go to a reading, right up the block, but I am exhausted.  I walked all over Harlem today (literally) and I just wanna sleep before my radio show.  Shall we try again tomorrow?  The score?  Me: 1, Demonic Fat: 2.
But stay tuned fat...I'm coming for ya!

TODAY'S REDEMPTION is DRUNKEN CHICKEN
(Maybe if I get drunk enough, I'll forget today...yeah, right!)

Drunken Chicken



4 servings
Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR 4 split fryer breasts - skinned.

1 Tablespoons Butter

1/2 small onion, minced

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 Tablespoon parsley

1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin

1 Tablespoon mustard

1/2 cup chicken stock

1/4 cup red wine

4 Tablespoons Gin

Preparation Method:
1 - Melt the butter and sauté the chicken until browned. Transfer to ovenproof dish. Cook onion until soft. Purée the remaining ingredients together then add to pan, heat through, pour over chicken and cover dish.

2 - Bake at 350ºF 15-20 minutes for boneless breasts and 30-40 minutes for bone-in split breasts.

2 comments:

  1. absolutely phenomenal recipe! going to jump on it, great blog! You are too funny...and know I am not giving up chicken for no one, Fried, yes, I can do without...so thank you for the alternatives!!! great job sweetness! I am enjoying this and being motivated simultaneously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I love all of your writing, but this one spoke to me ... I know that feeling of needing to confess after I've gone and done something so stupid - like the chocolate ice cream binge in the middle of the night.

    My name is Deemay and it's been a minute since I've avoided temptation...

    Thanks for this sis!

    ReplyDelete