Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Over Weight Lover's In the House!


Its funny.  I was SO gun-ho to handle things concerning this weight exorcism.  I still am in it to lose, but I am physically weary.  Honesty is my best policy, so here goes: I DID NOT GO TO THE GYM THE OTHER DAY...

I have been discouraged, (as I am sure we all get sometimes) even amongst the glory of victory.  I went to the doctor and low and behold my weight loss for the month of October is 10 pounds!  I know I should be happy with this...10 pounds is really no small feat.  But I will be honest in saying I do not feel excited.  I just feel like my energy pulling me toward the bed.  I don't want to do ANYTHING...

I spoke to my honey for a few moments and it was magical...as always.  He is peace for me...joy amidst an unjoyous existence.  I love hearing his voice and even if the entire day has been turbulent, once he enters via phone call or delivers himself to my door, I am elated as thought a leprochan delivered gold to my door or the mega million guy is waiting outside with my check.  He brings me THAT much joy.

One of the things I want to regain is my sexual prowess.  The extra weight has depleted my ability to own my sexual ability.  He gives me UNBELIEVABLE love-making.  I want to be able to give it back.  It's like the me inside wants to give him the best of myself and the weight tires me out.  I am determined to lose the weight.  I want to be in control of how I make love to him, just as he controls how he makes love to me.

Tomorrow my son will be going with his dad, and I think I will be going to the gym tomorrow.  I believe that I will use my man as the determination for going to the gym.  When I have reached my goal I am gonna SO put it on him!  LOL!!!


TODAY'S RECIPE
Barbequed Ribs


Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours Ready In: 11 Hours 30 Minutes
Servings: 8
"These ribs require a double cooking process and an overnight bath in a marinade. The spicy rub and rich sauce make them worth the wait!"

Ingredients:

4 pounds baby back ribs

4 cloves garlic, sliced

1 tablespoon white sugar (I chose to omit this)

1 tablespoon paprika

2 teaspoons salt

2 teaspoons ground black pepper

2 teaspoons chili powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1/2 cup dark brown sugar 1/2 cup cider vinegar

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup chili sauce

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 tablespoons onion, chopped

1/2 teaspoon dry mustard

1 clove crushed garlic

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place ribs on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Scatter 4 cloves of sliced garlic over ribs. Cover, and bake for 2 1/2 hours. Cool slightly.

2. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, paprika, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and ground cumin. Rub spices over cooled ribs. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.

3. In a small saucepan, mix together brown sugar, cider vinegar, ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, onion, dry mustard, and 1 clove garlic. Simmer over medium-low heat, uncovered, for 1 hour. Reserve a small amount for basting; the remainder is a dipping sauce.

4. Preheat grill for medium heat.

5. Place ribs on grill. Grill, covered, for about 12 minutes, basting with the reserved sauce, until nicely browned and glazed. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.


Enjoy it!!!!

Renee Michele

1 comment:

  1. My sister, my friend. I just had a chance to read through some of your postings and am so proud of you...grateful...and seeing my own story revealed through your words. The tears swell in my eyes, but I hold them back to write. Abandonment is a horrid thing...regardless of how it came about. I shared with my honey a few weeks ago that when my mother died (I was 2 1/2, I was abandonded. Yes, I had a father how loved me and a step mother...but I grew up feeling abandonded. Every relationship suffered because of it. Never get too close...because he too will eventually leave me. And when the people I loved started to daie, well, there you go...proof of my theory.
    Nevertheless,I was always "thicke" and had bouts with my weight, but my swelled uterous from fibroids and the medication just added to the problem. Not to mention the emotional stress from a chaotic marriage (outside of the good times) that damn near killed me. (Jackie is evil...that's all I can say.) Anyway, this last surge of weight gain pushed me from 145 to 170 to 200 to 230...in ten years. I dropped 30 or 40 back in 2005, then put it right back on. Now, I'm working towards that "life change" you spoke of. It's not about the losing weight, it about gaining my life. So I appreciate this blog. I'm not so good at journaling, and not so good with keeping up to my blogs, but I'm going to work on it. This is an encouragement. thank you.
    ps. the love of my life (you know who that is, but I dom't want to post his name)still loves me even though I've gained so much weight. But the incentive is that something great will happen when I reach the goal of size 14/16. It's motivation, but the truth is, it's not about him...it's about me. So, I'll check in again to see your postings...and I'm going to get back to writing one of my book projects... "Total Make Over." Love you. God bless. Shelly

    ReplyDelete