Saturday, October 24, 2009

Video or Bust!

This was my 1st attempt at a video blog...you know the damned thing would not load, right? Well one monkey don't stop no show. I designated Saturday as my I don't give a damn day, and even with all of that your girl still didn't do so bad (I guess practice makes perfect, huh?) I ate 3 meals....I barely touched those damned cookies! I traded them in for 3 real-life oatmeal raisans from a devune bakery called Eat My Cake. (You know my silly ass was just about to throw a link up in this mutha, but I thought better of it...my setbacks don't have to be your setbacks!)



Well, I had (in all) 9 spoonfuls of wheat spaghetti and ground beef with tomato sauce and spinach. My drink of choice H2O!!! Yay Me!!!!!! I did have a cup of coffee (and yes it was no sugar, but full of the treacherous french vanilla creamer, yum!...I mean, I know it was a bad choice; I'm gonna have to get into a creamers anonymous program!)



So tomorrow is another day. I'm gonna keep trying the video until I get it. I think after the holidays I will try the lemonade diet. I already have the stuff, so I might as well, right? I will keep you posted!




Renee Michele

TODAY'S RECIPE
GARLIC PARMESEAN CHICKEN

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 oz is a serving!!!)


1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs


2 teaspoons mixed italian herbs to taste


4 slices provolone cheese


10 tablespoons low sodium Spaghetti sauce

4 cups spaghetti noodles



Directions


Preheat oven to 425 F


pound chicken breast with flat side of meat mallet until flattened out and even thickness

(I didnt do this, i just bought skinnier peices of chicken...

which was better because its more like a serving size)


Mix bread crumbs and italian herbs, put on flat dish and press both sides of chicken into crumbs

Place chicken in baking dish, top with provolone cheese


Bake 20 minutes (or until cheese is golden and crispy around edges.

meanwhile put some water on for the pasta, it should be boiling by now and you can start to cook that according to directions on box


heat your spaghetti sauce in a small sauce pan


The best way to keep this recipe healthy is to use low sodium spaghetti sauce, and dont go overboard...its chicken parmesan, a couple tablespoons will do ; ) Also using something like wheat noodles will make it healthier as well. I didnt have the nutrition facts for low sodium sauce and wheat noodles, so really if you do those things the nutrition facts will be even better.

Number of Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment