Monday, October 26, 2009

"V" is for Vegan...Is It Good Enough for Me?

I did some serious investigating today. I began to mentally catalog the reasons behind my choice to lose weight. I have always been somewhat satisfied with myself, save for being 437 pounds. Quite honestly, there is no way to put a positive spin on hundreds of pounds of exccess weight. Once I had gastric bypass and had settled back in the 200s, I was mobile again, but my hormones were and are out of whack. My menstrual cycle only visited about twice a year. A lot of women were foolishly jealous and said so. Now with funeralization of 200 unhealthy pounds, my period returned every month, but only twice a month. These women thought me fortunate because they didn’t understand that NOT having a period was not a good thing. Now I am at 276 pounds. I have decided to do things differently.
After research, I realize the things I love the most (in the way of food) have to be done away with. No more 24oz. 7 eleven coffee. The pure thought of going vegan is spinning me crazy, but I have to do what I must to get my body in good health.
I purchased a book today called “The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies.” I know, I know…it may sound like that is my primary goal, but truly, it isn’t. Having PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) gives one a lot of limitations. It injects the system with great amounts of testosterone. It litters the face with hair; it literally pushes the eggs to grow outside of the ovaries instead of expressing it out of the system when not fertilized. As I leafed through the initial pages I realize one thing. I have to make a life change.
Will I have more children? I don’t know. Will I have the option? Absolutely.

TODAY’S RECIPE
Vegan JambalayaSo how does a meat eater follow a vegan diet? I found a cool website called http://www.veganmeat.com/. If you’re trying to make a life change and you’re a heavy meat eater, try this site, it may jolt youon the road to wellness…

Jambalaya
Ingredients
· 1 package Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix
· 1 package Green Giant brand fake hamburger
· 1/2 - 2/3 of a medium onion, chopped
· Badia Louisiana Hot spice.
· 2-3 cloves garlic, grated.
· Olive oil
Prepare the Jambalaya mix as per directions. Add some Louisiana Hot Sauce to the water when it comes to a boil.
Put oil in frying pan and heat, add garlic and sauté 'till fragrant. Add onions and spice. Sauté' until done. Add fake hamburger and cover with hot spice. Stir 'till the fake hamburger is hot.
When Jambalaya is done add to the hamburger/onion mix. Mix and eat. This recipe is simple and relatively quick.
Enjoy this guys! Happy Eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment